Food Truck Expo FACT SHEET
The Food truck expo 2017 is a free event and this year there will be a chance to win one cart from Kareem Carts
WHAT: 5th Annual VSEDC Mobile Retail and Food Truck Business Expo & Mobile Marketplace
THEME: Keep On Truckin’ Your Guide to Making Your Business Mobile
WHERE: Los Angeles Trade Technical College — 400 W. Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015 South Quad — South Tent (at 23rd and Grand),
WHEN: Sat. September 23rd from 8:30am to 3:00pm
- Seminar Registration 8:30am
- Opening/Welcome 9:00am
- Seminars 9:30am to 12:12:15pm (registration required)
- Mobile Marketplace 11:00am to 3:00pm (open to public)
ADMISSION: FREE ADMISSION.
WHY: Provide FREE comprehensive, all-inclusive information for starting a Mobile Retail or Food Truck/Food Cart business in Los Angeles. Celebrate and bring attention to mobile business and entrepreneurs.
WHO: Presented by The Vermont Slauson Economic Development Corporation and BusinessSource Center. Presenting Partners include Councilman Curren Price, Jr., LA New 9th District, Mobile and Food Truck builder Kareem Carts, Mobile Retail Association of America, LA Mayor’s Office of Economic Development and the American Mobile Retail Association.
EVENT CONTACT: Lura Daniels-Ball 213.400.3489 [email protected]
EVENT ATTENDANCE: Approximately 500+ attendees of diverse backgrounds (based on 2016 attendance)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Current food truck owner-operators looking to expand their businesses.
- Young mobile food entrepreneurs working to establish their businesses.
- Aspiring food truck owners.
- Aspiring business startups
- Aspiring and current fashion truck and mobile retailer entrepreneurs.
- Caterers, event organizers, meeting and party planners who want to include food trucks in their events.
- Legislative staff, health inspectors, fire marshals, licensing authorities and others who oversee food truck operations.
- Customers looking for a unique shopping experience
New This Year: Seminars will be held in 4 tracks from 9:30am to 12:15pm in Pre-Startup; Startup, Existing Businesses and Spanish Language businesses. Three modules will cover nuts-and-bolts of running a mobile business, including marketing, business plan development, permits, financing and more.
Seminar registrants will qualify for a chance to win a food cart from Kareem Carts at the end of the seminars.
New this year is our Mobile Marketplace open to the public. A convergence of 15 to 20 Mobile retailers and Food Trucks and Cart with unique and delicious offerings will be on hand to demonstrate the wonder, fun and economic impact of mobile business on our local economy.
MORE INFO: Attend the only event of its’ kind. Calling all small business owners, hungry entrepreneurs with passion for food or retail, and everyone interested in starting a mobile business! Free comprehensive all-inclusive information for starting and financing a Mobile Retail and/or Food Truck Business.
Bookings are closed for this event.